Friday, May 27, 2005

Friday Random 10...

I'm going to steal this feature from my good, politically misguided friend Doug Gillett, who I believe stole it from about 5,000 other sites. Basically, these are the first 10 songs that appear on my iPod in "shuffle" mode, and I believe them to be a harbinger of the weekend to come. It will also give you, the reader, a keen insight into my lack of musical taste.

Feel free to post your own Random 10 in the comments thread - just be honest. If a Nelson song comes up, you have to put it in there.

1) Huey Lewis and the News, "Jacob's Ladder"
2) Journey, "Don't Stop Believin'"
3) U2, "North and South of the River"
4) Foo Fighters, "All My Life"
5) Arrested Development, "Revolution"
6) Bruce Springsteen, "Dancing in the Dark"
7) Outkast, "Behold a Lady"
8) U2, "Boy/Girl (Live From London)"
9) U2, "The Unforgettable Fire"
10) Elton John/Tim Rice, "Endless Night"

Ok, I was completely heterosexual until #10, which comes from "The Lion King" Broadway soundtrack (the Huey Lewis and Journey entries are arguable).

"All My Life," by the way, was completely hijacked by the movie "Identity" - in a good way, I think. Every once in a while a song is used in a movie so memorably, there's no way you'll ever disassociate the two again. And I'll never hear "All My Life" without picturing that sexy freeze-frame of Amanda Peet with the cigarette dangling from her lips. Other examples: "Sister Christian" and "Boogie Nights," "American Girl" and "The Silence of the Lambs," any song heard in "Goodfellas" and "Goodfellas."

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Well here are my ten:
1. Jonathan Rice "So Sweet"
2. Bright Eyes "EasyLuckyFree"
3. Elliott Smith "Question Mark"
4. Brand New " Seventy times Seven"
5. Yellowcard "Only One"
6. The Who "Behind Blue Eyes"
7. Bright Eyes "Lover I Don't Have To Love"
8. Foo Fighters "Best of You"
9. Green Day "American Idiot"
10. Desaparecidos "MAN AND WIFE, THE FORMER (FINANCIAL PLANNING)

DAve said...

Memorial Monday Morning Mashup:


1. Willie Nelson - "Three Days"
2. Rameau - "Gavotte Suite from Les Fetes D`Hebe"
3. The Beatles - "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
4. Radiohead - "Pearlyx"
5. Tom Waits - "Alice"
6. Muse - "Butterflies & Hurricanes"
7. Ludacris - "Get The Fuck Back"
8. Grechaninov - "The Litany Of Feru"
9. Billy Pilgrim - "Last American Poet"
10. Muse - "Sing For Absolution"


Thank God Luda showed up on there, lest I be accused of having a kind of pretentious fantastic taste in music.

Lydia said...

Dave,
You are awesome. Even though I didn't put them on my list, I love Muse too.