Friday, June 10, 2005

"Everybody has AIDS!"



All of my alleged heterosexuality aside, I've watched the trailer for the upcoming musical "Rent" about ten times today.

I've never seen the play its based on, never even heard its music - but it has suddenly become one of my must-sees for the fall. That song is amazing, the cast (including a lot of the original Broadway performers) looks sensational, and ... I don't know, it just has a vibe. Something tells me director Chris Columbus finally hit the home run he's flirted with for years. And all of this comes as quite a surprise, as I am not a fan of musicals by any stretch.

Also, it has made me want to visit NYC again - and soon. Who's with me?

That said, this future Oscar winner is still my #1 most anticipated movie of the year. And no, I don't think I'm kidding.

8 comments:

Lydia said...

I love New York. It is one of the best states ever.You have to see a Broadway musical while you are there. Musicals usually suck though, so may be you could find a good one.

Josh said...

Oh, I've been to a few Broadway musicals in New York, but have never seen "Rent." I was actually in attendance, weirdly enough, at opening night of "The Lion King." I just happened to be in New York on business that weekend, and scalped a single ticket for about $150 less than face value. I even sat near Rosie O'Donnell (see above post).

And I saw "42nd Street" on my last trip.

Anonymous said...

seriously, Dukes of Hazzard, dude?

Tom D. said...

Josh, I believe you were in NY. However we all know you have never been "there on business". Nice try dude, and if you've never heard that song before than danm it get out more.

Josh said...

Hey, covering the "Good Will Hunting" press junket might not be hard work, but it is being there "on business."

Lydia said...

Hey I personally wanted to see Dukes of Hazzard too. But probably for different reasons :).

Riley said...

One time, while at my mom's house, I was singing "La Vie Boheme" along with the RENT cast album, and my stepdad heard me and ran to tell my mom that I was chanting and worshipping the devil.

What song's used in the trailer? I can't load it.

Josh said...

"Seasons of Love"