Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday Random 10: The Secret of the Ooze

You'z all like, "Yo, what'z about tha Frizziday Random 10!" And I'z like, "Ju betta get out my face wit' dat, fucka!" And you'z all like, "Naw, you di'en!" And I'z go, "Uh-huh I'z di'!" So here'z yo' Frizziday Random 10, bizzaatche!

1) U2, "All Along the Watchtower (Live at Point Depot)"
2) Drivin 'N' Cryin, "Livin' By the Book"
3) Bruce Springsteen, "Tougher than the Rest" (very underrated)
4) Run D.M.C., "You Be Illin'"
5) Prince, "Let's Go Crazy"
6) James Brown, "I Got You (I Feel Good)"
7) Passengers, "Elvis Ate America"
8) Tupac Shakur, "So Many Tears"
9) Hootie & the Blowfish, "Look Away"
10) DJ Kool, "Let Me Clear My Throat"

Woah, I swear I wrote that inane introduction before Run D.M.C., Tupac and DJ Kool popped up there. Of course, if this were Freaknik instead of Pride weekend, I'd be a little weirded out. Instead, I'm proud of what seems to be my first 1 to 10 decently cool Random 10. And yes, Hootie is awesome (consistently the best live band out there, my brothers and sisters. Buy a ticket now, thank me later).

3 comments:

ACG said...

For some reason, Blogger won't let me post to my own damn blog, so my Friday Quasi-Random Ten is going here. It's only kind of random, because in honor of Karl Rove and his recent oh-so-totally-not-divisive statement, my list is coming from my iPod playlist called "Angry Guys With Guitars":

1. Girls Against Boys, "Black Hole"
2. Limp Bizkit, "Break Stuff"
3. Dashboard Prophets, "Daze That Reigned"
4. Rob Zombie, "Dragula"
5. Live, "Deep Enough"
6. Saliva, "Superstar"
7. Primer 55, "This Life"
8. Dashboard Prophets, "Wearing Me Down"
9. Home Grown, "Suffer"
10. Face to Face, "The Devil You Know (God Is A Man)"

Kind of like that last one.

Lydia said...

Well I seem pretty tame compared to you guys. Here is my Ten Random Friday:
1. Death Cab For Cutie: The Sound of Settling
2. Hawthorne Heights: Ohio is For Lovers
3. Death Cab For Cutie: A Lack Of Color
4. Hawthorne Heights: Silver Bullet
5. The Starting Line: Cheek to Cheek
6. The Starting Line: Bedroom Talk
7. Fall Out Boys: Sugar, We're Going Down
8. Yellowcard: Way Away
9. Yellowcard: Only One
10. System of the Down: B.Y.O.B

DAve said...

Your friendly neighborhood Saturday morning early-ass-tee-time Random Ten:

1) Beastie Boys, "Egg Man"
2) The Beatles, "Yer Blues"
3) The Streets, "What Is He Thinking?"
4) Coldplay, "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face"
5) Audioslave, "Hypnotize"
6) Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, "There She Goes, My Beautiful World"
7) Bob Marley, "One Love"
8) Cal Williams, "Soezilig"
9) Beastie Boys, "Super Disco Breakin"

And now, break out the coke and little Asian boys tossing firecrackers... it's...

10) Night Ranger, "Sister Christian"