Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday Random 10...

The knuckles are cracking over here at MAI headquarters, anticipating a long weekend including a couple rounds of golf, a wedding, and potentially some post-wedding bridesmaid canoodling. It's easy to overlook a weekend when you really don't do much of anything during the week, but there is a stark difference - all of your friends have free time on Saturdays and Sundays, thus making a successful social life a bit more within reach.

On with the Friday Random 10. To recap from last week's post (the only time I'll do this):

Basically, these are the first 10 songs that appear on my iPod in "shuffle" mode, and I believe them to be a harbinger of the weekend to come. It will also give you, the reader, a keen insight into my lack of musical taste.

As always, this is completely honest, and you're invited to post your own hopefully embarrassing entries in the Comments section:

1) Roy Orbison, "I Drove All Night"
2) Elvis Presley, "Viva Las Vegas"
3) U2, "All I Want Is You (Live at Point Depot, Dublin)"
4) Don Henley, "The End of the Innocence"
5) U2, "Do You Feel Loved"
6) Kenny Chesney, "Some People Change"
7) Carter Burwell, "After Miller's Crossing"
8) Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Freebird"
9) Old 97's, "Jagged"
10) 311, "Come Original"

What does this all mean, beside the fact that U2 will always show up because I bought their complete collection on iTunes? The inclusion of Lynyrd means much of the weekend will be spent in drunken revelry, but who didn't know that already? I'm certainly intrigued by innocence being lost. Whose innocence, how will it be lost, and exactly how much will I have to do with it? I can only hope "Come Original" plays directly into it.

I'm suddenly very excited about the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I shall continue with my top ten for this week too. Here it goes:
1. Something Corporate: Space
2. Bright Eyes: Take it Easy( Love Nothing)
3. Firescape: His Midas Touch
4. Matchbook Romance: My Eyes Burn
5. Hellogoodbye: Homewrecker
6. Kill the Messanger (Can't remember the group who sings it.)
7. Something Corporate: Fall
8. The Bravery: Honest Mistake
9. Gwen Stefani: Cool
10. Home Grown: Cross My Heart

DAve said...

Technically it's 2AM Saturday but anyway...

1. Counting Crows, "Daylight Fading"
2. Mark Mothersbaugh, "Rachel Evans Tenenbaum (1965-2000)"
3. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds(Yeeeah!), "Supernaturally"
4. DAve, "Tenth Grade Booty Blues"
5. Steve Winwood, "Higher Love"
6. Tom Waits, "Dead And Lovely"
7. Stevie Wonder, "Love Light In Flight"
8. Black Eyed Peas feat. Justin Timberlake, "Where Is The Love"
9. Dust Brothers, "What Is Fight Club"
10. Billy Pilgrim, "Wine Women Whiskey"