Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday Random 10...

I had high hopes for last weekend based on the Friday Random 10. Promises of innocence lost, coming original, people changing, etc. Even as an English major, I was always bad at seeing subtext, and I've gotta be missing it here.

Bridesmaids at the wedding I went to? Only one, with her husband in the front row. Driving home from the reception? I was pulled over, given a ticket for running a red light (thankfully, I wasn't drunk). Third, I left a wedding reception and wasn't fucking drunk! In fact, that last detail might sum up the wasted opportunity that was Last Weekend.

Here's hoping for a better time this go-round, and a better Random 10.

1) Andrea Bocelli, "Time To Say Goodbye"
2) The Dust Brothers, "Who Is Tyler Durden?"
3) Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "All or Nothin'"
4) The Beach Boys, "Caroline No"
5) Hans Zimmer, "Main Theme From 'Days of Thunder'"
6) Garth Brooks, "Callin' Baton Rouge"
7) Scissor Sisters, "Better Luck Next Time"
8) Night Ranger, "Sister Christian"
9) John Cameron Mitchell, "Angry Inch"
10) U2, "Love Rescue Me"

I'm officially nervous.

By the way, Dave's a winner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Was going to do my own top ten. But, I just started a music list. So, four of my ten were Willie Nelson. It predicted a sort of depressing road trip of a weekend....not going to reveal all that! LOL!

DAve said...

Saturday AM...

1. Gary Akins (ha!), "Oh Holy Night"
2. Damien Jurado / Rosie Thomas, "Wages Of Sin"
3. Marvin Gaye, "Sexual Healing"
4. Duran Duran, "Planet Earth"
5. Edwyn Collins, "Never Known A Girl Like You Before"
6. Falco, "Rock Me Amadeus"
7. Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, "Faded/Whole Lotta Love (Live)"
8. Leonard Cohen, "Famous Blue Raincoat"
9. Tom Waits, "The Ocean Doesn't Want Me"
10. David Gray, "Easy Way To Cry"

Lydia said...

Well, since I got to leave early on Friday, I couldn't post my list.

Riley said...

Scissor Sisters and John Cameron Mitchell?

Dude, I'll see you at Piedmont Park for Pride.