Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Separated at birth?


and


Seriously, though, this is a fun read, if only because of the pomposity of the "BUsh is an idIOt!!!11!!" crowd.

I, for one, don't believe grades mean very much when you enter the real world - and thank God, because mine sucked. But if I'm reading this correctly, neither John Kerry nor George Bush EVER GOT AN A in all of their undergraduate years. Even I wrangled a few of those at the ol' U G of A, and I'm not just talking about my bowling class.

Massey in '08.

Updatified: The more I think about this comparison, the more I think it is incredibly on target. We all know Neidermeyer was killed in Vietnam by his own troops; we now know many of Kerry's fellow soldiers probably felt the same urge from time to time. Neidermeyer and his frat buddies had a taste for pretentious secret societies, Kerry (like Bush) was a member of Skull and Bones. And Neidermeyer's sworn enemy was, of course, Eric Stratton (Rush Chairman, damn glad to meet you). Who in the world personifies the Eric Stratton mentality better than, you guessed it,...

6 comments:

DAve said...

Another of his (Kerry's)strongest efforts, a 77, came in French class.

Mmm hmm.

Velly interesting.

Nigel Tufnel said...

Just notifying I'm linking to your post because I don't know how to hyperlink. It's great.

Lydia said...

Very funny.

Riley said...

Any person who claims to be Nigel Tufnel is awesome, by the way.

Beyond that, Al Gore won a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Webby Awards this weekend.

The Webby Awards limit all acceptance speeches to five words, and Gore didn't receive an exception.

Thus, he said, "Please don't recount this vote."

Classic.

Lydia said...

Ok so I finally read the whole article. Who cares what their grades were in college. They are both mentally stupid and we can see that in their decision-making. We don't need to see their transcripts to prove it.

Josh said...

I take the opposite tack - they are both extremely intelligent, even if both are swayed by politics a little too easily. You don't get where they are (or into Yale, for that matter) by being stupid. That's what I've found particularly inane about the entire "Bush is a moron!" argument. It's true that being his father's son helped him along in life, but if all it took were paternal connections, Colin Hanks would be Spider-Man.