Friday, July 29, 2005

Brave new world

"And in left field, batting fifth for your Atlanta Braves, Ken Griffey, Jr!"

That sounds beautiful - to me, anyway. Somebody needs to make that happen. I know our bullpen needs some work, but what about left field? Is Kelly Johnson really the starter for a World Series winner? I get wet just thinking about an OF of Griffey, Andruw Jones and Jeff Francoeur.

And by the way, Chipper Jones is my hero. I was at yesterday's game, and watched him go from angry, to friendly, to increasingly frustrated in the span of about 45 seconds. His last quote is one for Cooperstown.

1 comment:

jason said...

It's not like we're hurting for money. So far there's a 8-10% increase in fans, and therefore revenue, over the projection that accounts for the $80 million payroll.