Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Random 10: The Quickening

I'm headed down to Palatka in about an hour, and if any of you have been to P-Town, you know I'm in for some high-falutin', rebel flag-wavin', suckerpunch-Bubba-and-kick-Grandma-outta-the-trailer good times.

Yeah, my mom moved just outside the small Florida burg a few years back, and even your average Floridian looks at Palatka as "too redneck." And man, that's saying something. Let's see what the Friday Random 10 foresees happening during my three-day jaunt to 1957.

1) U2, "Smile"
2) U2, "Elvis Presley & America"
3) The Pogues, "Fiesta"
4) Outkast, "Movin' Cool (The After Party)"
5) Homestar Runner, "Everybody Everybody"
6) Rod Stewart, "Forever Young"
7) Outkast, "Gasoline Dreams"
8) The Pogues, "Tuesday Morning"
9) Duran Duran, "New Moon on Monday"
10) Pearl Jam, "Immortality"

Hmmm... "Fiesta," "Smile," "Movin' Cool" - sounds alright. Rod Stewart, though? Unless that means I'm going to score with Rachel Hunter, I think I'm doomed. (And, for the record, I have no idea how that song got in my iPod).

4 comments:

alex said...

1) The Hives, "Hate to Say I Told You So"
2) Folk Implosion, "Natural One"
3) Bob Dylan, "Blowin’ In The Wind"
4) James Taylor, "Carolina In My Mind"
5) Paul Simon, "Loves Me Like a Rock"
6) Randy Newman, "Sail Away"
7) David Bowie and Queen, "Under Pressure"
8) Bob Marley & The Wailers, "No Woman No Cry"
9) Derek & The Dominos, "Bell Bottom Blues"
10) Johnny Cash, "A Boy Named Sue"

Wow, I think my playlist is from 1957 too.

jason said...

Palatka is the (self-proclaimed) bass fishing capital of the world. I'm serious. They have signs up.

Lydia said...

Have you ever read or seen "Big Trouble"?

Meimi said...

I want a photo credit.