Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday Random 10: Dead By Dawn

I'm feeling honest today - quite an irregularity. Here's my completely undoctored Random 10, no matter what embarrassing song comes up (there are a few on the ol' iPod). And semi-inspired by DAve, it's the first ever Martians Attacking Indianapolis Friday Random 10 Commentary.

1) The Smiths, "Girlfriend in a Coma"
So I downloaded this because it was supposed to be great, hip, etc. Quite frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about. But you're insane if you think I'm deleting it and putting myself in danger of not hanging out with the cool kids.

2) Prodigy, "Mind Fields"
Prodigy takes me back to a much earlier time in my life, an ecstatic time if you will.

3) The La's, "There She Goes"
From the So I Married An Axe Murderer soundtrack. And that, dear friends, is the only time you will ever see So I Married An Axe Murderer mentioned on this blog.

4) U2, "Gloria"
Early U2 - and I'm going to U2 Hell for saying this - but this was actually before they hit their stride.

5) U2, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
Their stride.

6) Robin Harris, "Bebe's Kids (Side 2)"
If Harris hadn't died in 1990, Bernie Mac isn't a star today. Every one of Mac's early roles - Don't Be A Menace..., Above the Rim, Friday - would have been offered to Sweet Dick Willie first.

7) Van Halen, "Panama"
Or as my friend Dennis always thought, "Tearin' Em Up!"

8) Three Dog Night, "Eli's Coming"
I downloaded this for my dad, but keep it on there because it gives me a bit of street cred. With other 60 year olds.

9) U2, "Elevation (Influx Remix)"
Their fourteenth stride.

10) The Chemical Brothers, "The Big Jump"
Mmm,... ecstatic.

Eh, that was boring. I hesitate to even put the U2 songs in there, since not a Random 10 goes by without their inclusion (that's what I get for buying "The Complete U2" from iTunes). So let's cross out those U2 songs and add three more:

1) The Smiths, "Girlfriend in a Coma"
2) Prodigy, "Mind Fields"
3) The La's, "There She Goes"
4) U2, "Gloria"
5) U2, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
6) Robin Harris, "Bebe's Kids (Side 2)"
7) Van Halen, "Panama"
8) Three Dog Night, "Eli's Coming"
9) U2, "Elevation (Influx Remix)"
10) The Chemical Brothers, "The Big Jump"
11) Strong Bad, "Circles"
12) Drivin 'N' Cryin, "Powerhouse"
13) Dave Grusin, "The Goonies (Main Theme)"

Ah, lesson learned: Ignore U2, the number 13 will bite you in the ass.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Quite Interesting there Josh. I am the same as you only I don't have the U2 problem but rather Blink 182. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Great football betting blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on football betting. You can check out my forum about football betting if you have a chance.