Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday Random 10: The Island of Lost Dreams

Now this is what I'm talking about - freakin' Friday. This has been just a disgusting week in the life of yours truly. My trusty Honda failed me on Monday (I've had her since I was 17 - and yes, that is almost 13 years), and my replacement Caddy kicked out on me yesterday. My eBay account has been permanently suspended (long story for another time), my students have been testing all week and are therefore insane by now, I had two papers and a project due this week, and I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in at least a month thanks to long weekends spent in Athens.

This weekend, however, is MINE. Let me repeat: MINE. Most of my friends are going to be out of town, and as much as I love 'em, it's a relief. No plans, no commitments, no last minute phone calls I feel obliged to take. I'm looking forward to mowing my lawn, kicking back with some Netflix, and drinking by myself. If somebody wants to join me, I don't mind company. But realize: these days are - oh yes, they are mine.

1) Carter Burwell, "The Long Way Around" (from the Miller's Crossing soundtrack)
2) The Dust Brothers, "This Is Your Life"
3) Prodigy, "Funky Shit"
4) Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Proud Mary"
5) Tom Petty, "A Face in the Crowd"
6) The Bangles, "Where Were You When I Needed You"
7) Bruce Springsteen, "Working on the Highway"
8) Outkast, "Art of Storytellin' (Part I)"
9) The Chemical Brothers, "Left Right"
10) R. Kelly, "Ignition (Remix)"

Word.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Interesting mix there Mr. Josh.
My isn't as interesting as yours but here it is.

1. Acceptance: So Contagious
2. Fall Out Boy: Growing Up
3. Beck: Girl
4. Beck: Where It's At
5. Rise Against: Dancing For Rain
6. Taking Back Sunday: This Photograph is Proof (I Know You Know)
7. My Chemical Romance: I Never Told You What I Did For a Living
8. The Who: Who Are You
9. WakeField: Without You (Which Side Are You On?)
10. The Flaming Lips: Do You Realize?