Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Random 10: Jason Takes Manhattan

So apparently something as simple as NFL's season kickoff has turned Martians Attacking Indianapolis into an "all sports, all the time" blog. And that's fine with me. I'll get back to other forms of pop culture shortly, but allow me some time to wallow in the supple, soothing fat of the football season for awhile.

1) U2, "Auld Lang Syne / Where the Streets Have No Name (Live at Point Depot, Dublin, 31 Dec '89)"
2) The Chemical Brothers, "Come Inside"
3) Wesley Willis, "I Whooped Batman's Ass"
4) Strong Bad, "fhqwhgads"
5) Bush, "Everything Zen"
6) James Horner, "Resolution and Hyperspace" (from the Aliens soundtrack)
7) Tupac Shakur, "I Get Around"
8) The Pogues, "If I Should Fall From Grace With God"
9) Ryan Adams, "Shakedown on 9th Street"
10) Hootie & the Blowfish, "Closing Time (Live)"

How appropriate for #10. A bit of trivia, by the way: That James Horner track was indeed written for Aliens, but was much more prominent two years later in Die Hard (when Alexander Godunov popped up at the end, only to be whacked by the "Family Matters" dad). Why this piece of music was used in both movies, however... well, I can't claim to know (both were Fox productions, and that's about the only similarity I know of). Either way, if I ever make an action movie, I'll be sure to have it in there - its track record is pretty damn good so far.

2 comments:

Riley said...

Wesley Willis! Where's C. Trent???

ACG said...

Hey, I'm just impressed by anyone who has "fhqwhgads" on his iPod. Everybody to the limit.