Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Well, at least it didn't mention "Small Wonder"

The latest website to claim its 15 minutes of fame is My Heritage, which is just looking for a clever angle to advertise its new face recognition software. Well, color me a bright shade of "suckered in."

Basically, users can upload their own picture to My Heritage's server, and the program will analyze facial structure and reveal what celebrity is the closest match. And it sorta seems to work. The scalawags over at Fark tested it with real celebrities, and for the most part the computer got it right - when analyzing a picture of Angelina Jolie, for instance, the program said it looked like her.

That said, I'm not sure about the two comparisons my face inspired.




Ms. Paltrow is a beautiful enough woman, but this is certainly the first time anybody has ever noticed a physical similarity between the two of us (and I definitely don't like Coldplay). However, Gwyneth was peaches and cream compared to my second picture...


Hmmm,... And what's sadder, I actually see the similarity in these two pictures. Eh, well, at least it's not LBJ.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I got suckered in too. I got Elisha Cuthbert with the first photo and Gwyneth Paltrow with the second. Guess that makes us twins. Sort of.

alex said...

Ok, I just tried it again with a picture of me with my hair in rollers and it said I look like Jennifer Aniston. This thing is my new best friend!