Monday, January 01, 2007

Coach killed



In a turn of events surprising absolutely no one, Jim Mora has been fired as the Atlanta Falcons head coach.

Fine, great. Let's go on record, though: As boneheaded as the Mora hire (or, more specifically, the Reeves firing) was in the first place, it will absolutely pale in comparison to hiring Mike Martz as his replacement.

Martz has been one of my least favorite NFL guys for years now, and I can't even fathom him in charge of my favorite team - especially since we're a running team, and he's so closely associated with the words "passing attack" I think he has them tattooed on his penis. Or at least "pa" because that's all he can fit.

See, just a mention of Martz, and I get infantile and disgusting. Imagine how it will be if he's actually hired.

Nobody wants that.

(Oh yeah, and Steve Mariucci would also be an awful choice).

No comments: