Friday, April 13, 2007

"Hey, It's Friday, Let's Watch A Kick-Ass Music Video!"

It was 1991. A simpler era.

At the time, Drivin' N' Cryin' was the biggest band in the world - as long as you describe the suburbs of Atlanta as "the world." Not only did I go to their concert, but said concert was at Six Flags Over Georgia, so I got to ride roller coasters for six hours beforehand. And not only did I go to their concert at Six Flags, they even filmed this video during the show - so my out-of-focus face in the far background got on MTV at least once. And not only did I go to the concert and sorta-not-really get in a music video, but I got a freakin' funnel cake.

Ninth grade was sweet.

2 comments:

DAve said...

What's also kickass is that I saw them perform this live not 5 months ago at the Georgia Theatre. Kevn Kinney looks more like a shell-less turtle nowadays though.

Scott said...

I was there alongside DAve - it was a sweet nightcap to a great day when Reggie officially went o-for his career against the Dawgs