Friday, April 27, 2007

"Hey, It's Friday, Let's Watch A Kick-Ass Music Video!"

I'm never going to be confused for a music snob.

I have more songs on my iPod sung by Kelly Clarkson than by Paul McCartney. During four years in indie music mecca Athens, and with a free ticket to damn near any concert thanks to entertainment journalism, my fondest musical memory is seeing '80s cover bands. I've experienced Hootie and the Blowfish in concert at least 10 times, no exaggeration.

And, perhaps most controversial of all, I think Van Halen was best when fronted by Sammy Hagar.



If you have any absurd confessions of your own, or perhaps scolding insults directed at me, please use the comments section to your heart's content.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That video has really held up well. Didn't they let Pepsi use the song for a commercial? Can y'all say Pepsi in Atlanta?

Shan said...

That's kinda good news about your Ipod, if only for the fact that Heather Mills can't take over half of your Ipod.

I will disagree with you about Van Halen, though. Too many sappy ballads with Sammy, though I will put "Best of Both Words" up against anything in the David Lee Roth era.

Doug said...

Please. David Lee Roth is the Alpha and the Omega. He was the frontman when they recorded "Jump"; end of story.