Friday, June 15, 2007

"Hey, It's Friday, Let's Watch A Kick-Ass Music Video!"

A little something different this week, but you could still classify it as a music video under an extremely, extremely loose definition. The following is a clip from "Britain's Got Talent," yet another Simon Cowell reality show. It's like "America's Got Talent," but - well, you get the idea.

Anyway, a portly cell phone salesman thinks he can sing opera. Take it away, Paul Potts ...



(Hat tip to Jeff Wells for the link.)

7 comments:

alex(andra) said...

Wow!! I wish I could sing like that. Pretty sure it's my parents' fault for not letting me pursue opera in college.

the girl said...

I watched the whole thing thinking, "OK, something funny's about to happen. This 'portly' guy's gonna fart or something." But sadly, it never happened.

I don't know you at all.

cjKennedy said...

The question I have is: how did this guy live anonymously for so long as a terrific singer? Didn't anyone ever say "Hey Paul, you're pretty good. You should maybe think of a career."

Does anyone know, did he end up winning the thing?

Sarah said...

Thought he was lip synching at first. Didn't the America version of this show have a rappin' granny?

alex(andra) said...

Apparently he won the semi-finals singing Andrea Bocelli's "Time to Say Goodbye." I teared up.

ACG said...

The music was beautiful in and of itself, but I think the best part was watching Simon nearly bite his pencil in half when the guy started singing.

alex(andra) said...

It was announced last night, and he did end up winning.