Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's not WHAT you know...



On Sunday night, The Sister and I had a chance to see the comic stylings of one Craig Robinson, star of NBC's "The Office." And by "star," I mean that guy who's only been in 13 out of 52 episodes (per IMDB), but quite honestly seems to have been around a lot more.

I've seen quite a few stand-up comedians in my day - Seinfeld and Rock among them - but nothing has matched the non-stop, stomach-bruising laughs I got that night (maybe that's why it looks like I'm trying to smile despite having a pool cue lodged in my ass.) It's rare to see somebody with originality anymore, but even a long-time club employee said to me, "There's absolutely nobody out there like Craig." If he comes to your town, make your attendance a top priority.

And yes, I'm probably only writing this so I can post the picture. Fuck off.

4 comments:

Shan said...

Craig also had a regular role on a little seen and underappreciated "dramedy" on FX called "Lucky." He and Billy Gardell were degenerate gambler John Corbett's sidekicks. Really worth watching if you can find it.

DAve said...

Josh, I think you've made a mistake. "The Office" was on the BBC and didn't even shoot 13 episodes, let alone 52.

And Craig doesn't look like the guy who played Oliver. But then you always say all black people look alike, which is just wrong, man.

Lu said...

You and your sister? Really? That must have been nice. No one else went with you? No one else got chicken fingers? No one else drank Amstel Light? Cool.

Josh said...

Oh, lu, you're right! Jessica Spiro was with us as well.

(My first draft actually listed everybody in our little group, but it seemed too wordy, and I didn't think you were such a thin-skinned bitch. MARK ARUM.)