Friday, July 06, 2007

"Hey, It's Friday, Let's Watch A Kick-Ass Music Video!"

Apologies. I missed last week's edition of H.I.F.L.W.A.K-A.M.V., and that's unforgivable. You must have clawed at your ear drums and/or eyeballs without my video-choosing guidance.

Truth is, the ol' blog was getting an unusually high amount of traffic due to the whole Transformers brouhaha, and I wanted that to be front-and-center instead of Flock of Seagulls, Hootie & the Blowfish, or whatever the hell else I would have picked. You understand.

Have no fear, though. To make it up to you, this week I have two kick-ass music videos for your enjoyment. And there's even a theme!

Both of the following videos have this in common:

1) Both are from the summer of 1986.
2) Both feature members of famous groups gone solo.
2) They are my favorite kinds of '80s videos: from soundtracks, with clips of the respective films laced throughout.
3) And most importantly, both feature relatively big-name artists doing the worst damn lip-syncing you will ever see this side of Ashlee Simpson. I mean, hilariously bad. I honestly remember making fun of these guys when I was 10 (all those episodes of "Puttin' on the Hits" trained my lip-syncing eye, I guess.) Enjoy.



3 comments:

DAve said...

I still have no idea what Michael McDonald is singing in the chorus.

Joe Leydon said...

God help me: I used to watch VH1 for an hour or so at a time just waiting and hoping the Michael Macdonald video would play. I'm so ashamed.

Dennis said...

The Karate Kid part II should've been nominated for an academy award. Incredible movie.