Thursday, November 29, 2007

Betcha Bottom Dollar: Week 13 - Episode One

There's an early game this week, and I haven't finished the entire column in time. My apolog - ah fuck it, there's nobody reading anyway.

The pick:

Green Bay @ Dallas (-7). Tonight is the first NFL match-up of 10-1 vs. 10-1 in almost two decades (at least I think that's what Mike Tirico just said on his radio show; I don't do research). And I live in one of those lucky NFL Network homes, so I'll be able to watch. However, I will most definitely not be able to listen, at least without shoving rusty screwdrivers in each ear so forcefully they meet in the middle. Who the hell thought Bryant Gumbel, that Kermit-voiced lesbian, would make a good on-air analyst? That has to go down as one of the worst sports-related decisions of all time, along with having a chick in the Yankees booth, Chris Berman's parents procreating, and the recent midnight skeet competition at Sean Taylor's house. PICK: Green Bay

Last week: 7-9
Overall: 86-78-9
Fake wagering total ($100 on every game, 10% juice on losses): up $20

(That's amazing, by the way. I've picked 173 games, putting an imaginary $100 on each - and I'm only $20 different from when I started).

3 comments:

the girl said...

Um, maybe if you'd stop picking Atlanta, you'd be up a whole lot more. And I mean a WHOLE lot more.

I love you, baby.

Stanicek said...

BAM! Atta way "The Girl"! Finally some sense on this blog.

Doug said...

In the words of Liz Lemon on "30 Rock," yaBURNT.