Thursday, November 15, 2007

Can't buy her love

Ok, I'm confused.

The tag line refers to Patrick Dempsey's character as "a real man," and yet the photo shows the actor in the most feminine light possible.



Is that make-up? A cheekbone lift? I guess you could argue he got the lipstick from smooching that chick on the right, but - hey, are those Evangeline Lilly's eyes?!

I mean, I'm happy Dempsey is getting big screen lead roles again. We're too far gone from the days of Can't Buy Me Love and Meatballs III. And I'm all for channeling 1985-era Rob Lowe. Lord knows I did - I played the saxophone in my elementary school band just because of St. Elmo's Fire.

I'm just not sure my reaction upon seeing the poster should be, "Man, that chick in the suit is kinda hot."

Update: After a little more research, I'm shocked - SHOCKED! - they're not billing this as "From the director of Leonard Part 6 and City Slickers 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold." Because that would be accurate. This movie is going to be fantastic.

No comments: