Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Random 10: 2 the Streets

The backstory is far too dull to hash about here, so just believe me when I tell you I'm currently attempting to get registered as an securities dealer (see, there's absolutely no possible backstory about that you'd want to hear, right?).

The two big tests put in front of me were the Series 6 and the Series 63, details of which you can find elsewhere if you are bored and have already counted each hair on your arm, built a shrine to Daryl Hannah out of carrots and spit, and nailed you toes to your ass. Like, if you have nothing better to do.

They are difficult tests. People study for months, hours each day, only to find themselves on the ass end of a big fat FAIL. For the Series 6, because I am an intelligent, organized, responsible individual, I gave myself four days to learn the material.

I tackled it last week, and breezed. Had to get a 70, I got a 76 - suck on that, boyee. (The fact our government only requires folks handling millions of dollars to get a 70 is a topic for another day).

The Series 63 was Tuesday morning, and is generally thought to be the more difficult of the two. So I took it more seriously, and dedicated two days to studying.

Once again, you had to get a 70. It's 60 questions, so simple math tells you that you can miss 18 and still be golden. And I think you know where this is going.

I missed 19.

Once I got back to my car, I ran out of four letter words so fast I had to invent new ones. If you heard somebody screaming "Parf" and "klax" in the Peachtree-Dunwoody area on Tuesday around 10 a.m., it was probably me.

The good news is that I can't take it again for 30 days, so I'm free to resume normal blogging activities. And while, yes, I know I should probably take that time to study, I think both you and I know how well that would go.

The 10:

1) Tom Jones, "She's a Lady"
2) U2, "Love and Peace or Else"
3) Tom Petty, "I Won't Back Down"
4) U2, "Vertigo (Jacknife Lee 12" Instrumental)
5) James Horner, "Bishop's Countdown" (from Aliens)
6) Barry Manilow, "I Write the Songs"
7) Bruce Springsteen, "Lucky Town (Live)"
8) Flogging Molly, "The Wrong Company"
9) R.E.M., "Driver 8"
10) Prodigy, "Smack My Bitch Up"

THE MANilow and Prodigy in the same Random 10. Don't tell me I ain't a complicated dude.

7 comments:

DAve said...

If it makes you feel any better, I took this sample Series 63 test

http://www.securitiesce.com/web/pages/series63/sample_questions.htm

and got 5 of 9 (55%). Of course I didn't do any studying or really had an idea of what the questions were talking about. So just stretch your studying to like 5 days and you'll be fine.

If you want, I'll take it the same time you do, winner pays for both person's test fees.

Josh said...

My Girl Scout cookies just came. So shut up.

And you have to be sponsored by a banking institution just to be able to sign up for the test, so sadly, I won't get an opportunity to embarrass you. Sucka.

jerry glanville said...

"My Girl Scout cookies just came. So shut up"


I order the Gritz Blitz.

You cookies.


You are such a fag.

Josh said...

I gotta ask you a serious question, Stanley. And I mean this, so please answer honestly: Are you mentally retarded?

I don't mean Down's Syndrome-retarded, just somebody who - as my grandma used to say - is "a little bit off."

Because not liking you as much as I do would feel wrong if I found out there was a serious mental illness behind your rambling, pathetic, lonely personality.

So let me know, please, if I should turn my annoyance into pity. I'm guessing I should.

jerry glanville said...

No need pard for you to like me, hell most California state champions aren't liked, I'm used to jealousy.

And you got yourself a list of songs and if you don't got any George Jones on it than the list
is
1) a'int a musical list
2) Not gunna work
3) Makes if awfully had for me to think you got anything floatin' around in that noggin a yours

Josh said...

Thank you for your honest answer.

Anonymous said...

the question just a'int applicable son.

I get it. I'm the guy in the 10 gallon hat and you can only understand ball caps.

Makes sense.
Best a' luck to ya!
Yours,
Jerry Glanville