Saturday, May 24, 2008

Say hello to the night



In 5th grade, I made a deal with my mom: if she let me see The Lost Boys in the theaters (rated R!), I wouldn't watch TV for a month. It ended up being worth every non-"ALF" second.

Twenty-one years later, and it may be time for another deal. July brings us The Lost Boys: The Tribe, starring Corey Feldman, the "O.C." chick who ended up marrying Ryan, and Kiefer Sutherland. (I might be wrong about that last one).

The thing is, my original deal won't work, and for another reason besides I'm 32 and Mom is OK with me seeing R-rated movies. If I don't watch TV, you see, I'll completely miss it. Straight to DVD, suckas.

Wow, it's going to be really awful. Really stupid. And really at the top of my Netflix queue.

3 comments:

Dr. Jack said...

The arrested development on display on this blog is astounding.

Yet, personally I am dealing with someone about 32 at work that also thinks and talks about things and ideas fit for someone in about 5th or 6th grade.

Seeing that she is not alone in this mental regression, gives me some solace, that it is not an isolated case.

Some hope...

I think the military draft needs to be reinstituted for everyone under 38. It's clear you can't function without any structure in your life.

Josh said...

Oh man, you're right. You got me.

I really need to grow up, lose any sense of fun, forget what it was like to be a kid, and start spending my Sunday mornings sipping espresso and leaving self-important comments on total strangers' blogs. Maybe then I'll be a true adult and earn the respect of learned citizens such as yourself. That is, after all, what I yearn for most of all.

Oh, and "Dr. Jack?" Really? "Dr. Jack?" Who does that?

Riley said...

God, what an insufferable megatool. I still haven't seen THE LOST BOYS. My mom wouldn't let me.