Thursday, June 05, 2008

Retahd



As a tempestuous loather of all things Boston athletics, I'd like to take this moment to send a rah-rah the way of the Los Angeles Lakers. As you can plainly see, the blog's color scheme will temporarily reflect my passion - which isn't necessarily the Lakers, or basketball. I just want to see Boston lose, and lose bad.

On January 1st, I braced myself for a potentially horrific year. The Patriots were looking like destiny's Super Bowl champs, the Celtics had a monster offseason, and the Red Sox are always willing to buy a championship at all costs.

Could Boston sports teams sweep the major sports championships? Could I live through such a thing? Would I eventually have to murder Bill Simmons and his smug, self-involved, one-note assface?

No, thanks to the New York Giants. My New York Giants. My Eli Manning, who I never doubted for a millisecond.

Well, Kobe, like Eli, I've had your back all along. Send Boston fans home crying in their beer-ah for the second time in five months. It's almost worth them making the championship again to have them lose the championship again.

Of course, it goes without saying I hope this series doesn't extend to seven games. I hope the Celtics' plane crashes long before then.

10:56 p.m. update: I found some photos worth sharing.







1 comment:

Doug said...

I, too, think Bill Simmons is a festering pilonidal cyst on the ass of humanity, but it'd be a lot easier to root for the Boston teams' downfall if the teams going up against them were a little more inspiring. Even as a Redskins fan, I was able to hold my nose and hope that Eli could transcend his pretty-boy status to beat the Pats for the world title (even if it did mean Tom Coughlin would then be regarded as something other than a cadaverous douchebag) -- but sorry, no way, nohow am I ever rooting for Kobe Bryant. Not in a box, not with a fox, not in a house, not with a mouse. I'm willing to give Boston one title this year if it means Kobe goes home empty-handed.