Thursday, November 06, 2008

Betcha Bottom Dollar: Week Ten (Point One)

So about 4 a.m. today, I woke up coughing, sneezing, sniffling, farting and moaning at the same time. Needless to say, the pug sleeping between my legs didn't enjoy the moment. About five minutes later, I e-mailed my co-worker to tell her, no, I wouldn't be in today.

This led me to believe I'd have plenty of time to write my weekly picks column, in time for tonight's Thursday kickoff. However, the sick day filled itself up rather quickly:
  • coughing some more
  • sneezing some more
  • sniffling some more
  • farting some more
  • moaning some more
  • Home Depot
  • seeing my dad's billboard for the first time (next to the Home Depot on Lawrenceville Highway - he looks pimp, yo)
  • taking the pug to the vet, because she's been scooting her nasty ass across my white carpet a lot lately, and I thought she might have worms, and the vet stuck his finger up her ass and didn't find any worms, just some enflamed anal glands, which he "expressed" - another moment the pug didn't enjoy
  • repeatedly apologizing to the pug
  • watching Rambo again, which actually made me tear up at the end - seriously
  • preparing to defend my undefeated fantasy football season against a sworn enemy (that photo came up under a Google image search for "Tim Kelly," but I don't think it's the same guy)
So nope, no full column tonight. Just the one game.

The pick:

Denver @ Cleveland (-3). There doesn't seem to be a reason I should care about this game, but that's why fantasy football is so wonderful. I am starting Denver RB Ryan Torain - he of only one yard this season. The enemy is starting Cleveland QB Brady Quinn - he of only zero yards this season. I am thinking the Browns run away with this one, but I'm hoping for a 42-35 score - with all Bronco points coming on five rushing TDs and Brown points coming on field goals. Fourteen field goals. PICK: Cleveland

1 comment:

Stanicek said...

Curse you Eddie Royal for stealing Lord Quinn's thunder! You shall burn in the fiery pits of King Quinn's dungeons! You shall be drawn and quartered to the delight of Genghis Quinn's hordes! You shall be banished to a sub-Arctic work camp per Commandant Quinn's orders! Dammit...I'm going to lose...