Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Wonder boy

What you're about to see was the bane of my 1986 existence.

Despite appearing in two classic movies, I've never been asked for my autograph. However, in the mid-'80s, I was asked for another person's autograph. Twice.

Once at a local mall and once at a Falcons game, I was approached by kids who thought I was the star of a sitcom. A sitcom so wretched, even my 10-year-old self hated it - and my 10-year-old self liked damn near anything.



Honestly, the resemblance really was startling. Damn it.

More evidence of the absurdity:

5 comments:

Stanicek said...

Wait...are you supposed to look like the brother, the robot or the shirtless bandanna-ed dreamboat at the very end of the second clip?

And don't talk to ME about "Z-list" celebrity resemblances...

Dennis said...

Are you kidding me? Small Wonder is one of my all time favorite shows! I actually had a crush on that little robot chick.

Jamie Massey said...

Two things are amazing about this.

Number one. The chick with the purple jumpsuit on, while cooking dinner. What an outfit.

number two. The fact that when you mention "Small Wonder" people always say "I used to LOVE that show!" Ie. Dennis...

Doug said...

After a cursory glance through the cast list on Wikipedia, it doesn't appear that any of the cast members have had much acting work to speak of since that show (other than Edie McClurg, oddly enough). Which might make "Small Wonder" one of the all-time great career-killing shows.

Carrie said...

I need to see a picture of you at 10. Comparison shot!!!