Saturday, May 09, 2009

Weekend warrior


The iPhone takes such lovely pictures.

I'm having a sports-filled 24 hours. Playoff softball game last night (victorious), a visit to the Atlanta Falcons' open mini-camp this morning, and a trip to see the Atlanta Hawks and Cleveland Cavaliers tonight.

I know everybody wants to hear about the softball game, but you're just going to have to read about it in the papers. Instead, I'll share my favorite moment of the mini-camp.

Backstory: Atlanta took safety William Moore in the second round, and for various reasons - mostly having to do with friends' taunts about it being an allegedly bad pick - he immediately became my favorite Falcons rookie. So much so that I dorked out and had him sign my helmet. This is what I heard as he was signing:

Dickbag fan: "Hey William! If you had come out last year, you'd have been a top 10 pick!"

Moore, not missing a beat: "And now I have a diploma."

Awesome. Now I might just have to buy a William Moore jersey. When I find one.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't share this picture of The Fiancee and former Alabama starter, now Falcons back-up John Parker Wilson:



He plays for the good guys now, so I guess this is OK. But I guarantee she wouldn't have been able to remember my name at that moment. He is dreamy.

2 comments:

the fiancee said...

My guess is that no one is leaving a comment because they don't want to hurt your feelings by saying, "Wow, your fiancee and JPW look really happy together. What a cute couple!"

Adam said...

You can thank ME for getting him to the Auto lines. I was the Roll Tide asshole fan that called him from the field ;)