Sunday, January 24, 2010

Aiding and A'Betting: Playoffs Week Three

Whoops, I leave town for two days and completely neglect posting the picks. The outcry was titanic.

The playoff picks:

NY Jets @ Indianapolis (-7 1/2). The Jets' chances are shakier than Michael J. Fox in Haiti. (Ok, so which part was more offensive? The too-soon earthquake joke, or the insensitive dig at the always-awesome Fox? Trying to hone my craft here.) PICK: NY Jets

Minnesota @ New Orleans (-4). Brett Favre has to be a special kind of bastard to have me rooting for New Orleans, aka The World’s Biggest Bathtub. As horrific as this game is from a cheering perspective, at least I can reflect on the last time Minnesota was in an NFC Championship Game. If anybody wants a 5-hour recap of that Atlanta Falcons victory, including what I was doing at the time, the precise ways my bodily fluids reacted to Morten Andersen’s game-winning kick, and maybe even some stuff you might consider T.M.I., give me a call. PICK: New Orleans

These picks can also be seen at Holly's Snarkastic throughout the weekend. I'm far too lazy to come up with fresh material for each website.

Regular season record: 128-125-3
Playoff record: 2-6
Overall: 130-131-3 (so I have to go 3-0 in the final three games for a winning season)

No comments: